Saturday, August 10, 2013

The lines have been drawn . . . and they are blurred

When I was a
child
The lines were
clear.
There was right.
There was wrong.
Black or
White.
Only.
"Never hit.
Never steal.
Never lie."
"Be kind.
Share.
Take turns."
And then I had a birthday.
And another. And another.
The years started passing.
I saw things
start
to
change.
I saw the world in
different hues.
Instead of just black and white, there was
grey.
A lot.
The lines between
right and
wrong
got blurred.
Fuzzy.
Sometimes, they seemed to be
wiped out.
Completely.
Sometimes the lines
moved.
I had a lot to learn.
Still do.
And what was right sometimes
was also
wrong sometimes.
What was right for some was
wrong for others.
And my world grew and
changed.
And as the lines grew
blurry,
I noticed something.
Some people were more open,
while others clung to their
black and white.
They think they know
exactly
where the line goes.
They know better than everyone else.
They are
right
and everyone else is
wrong.

Life was so much easier when everything was
black and
white.

Thankfully, I have a
Saviour.
A God who has given us a standard of
right and
wrong.
Who shows us what to do and
directs us.
I can go to Him in
pray.
I ask for
Wisdom to know His will.
Humility to know when I'm wrong.
And patience when working with people who see the
line
in a different place than
I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment